Do you get scared when you hear the word DETOX!?
Does your first initial thought goes straight up to wheat grass shots and green juices galore? Juice Fasting? Perhaps you have tried a detox program before and found the initial symptoms to be unpleasant.
Or maybe you have experience with detoxing on a frequent basis and are aware of the incredible physical, mental, emotional and spiritual benefits of a deep cleanse.
Well I can tell you the amazing benefits of detoxing our bodies - but it doesn't have to do with fasting or crazy starvation.
Food Detox is an incredible journey and can continue on as a lifestyle, but the most important factor is why even do it? I already feel good- what is the point?
Before I jump into 'why detox is great' - are you feeling any of these symptoms if so, pay attention and evaluate.
Is your body screaming out for a detox?! Here are 10 tell-tale signs:
1. You constantly feel fatigued, stressed and overwhelmed
2. You experience frequent headaches and/or lack of mental clarity
3. You often have skin breakouts and blemishes and/or a tiered, dull and lack-luster complexion
4. You seem to pick up colds, flus, bugs and viruses easily and are often on medication
5. Your digestion is troublesome, uncomfortable and irregular
6. Your slip into making less-healthy food choices and often have fried foods, processed meat, dairy, gluten, processed foods, refined sugar or fast food
7. You frequently have coffee, alcohol, drugs (prescription or otherwise) or cigarettes
8. You are exposed to common environmental toxins such as carbon emissions, cigarette smoke, herbicides, pesticides, artificial fragrances and household chemicals
9. You are carrying excess body weight
10. You often feel emotionally unstable, depressed, unmotivated and lacking energy and enthusiasm for life
A detox is your opportunity to give your body a break and allow your own self-cleansing and self-healing processes to kick into gear. Our bodies are amazing beautiful intelligent machines that does so much for us and a period of cleansing Is the perfect way to hit the reset button and start on a path to a healthier, happier, more vibrant you!
Here are just some of the benefits of a holistic, natural detox;
Prevention of chronic diseases
Assistance in losing stagnant weight
Improved quality of life
Radiant, glowing skin
Bright, clear eyes
Improved self-confidence and empowerment
New healthy habits and routines
By doing a food detox, which you eliminate the foods that may be inhibiting your health, and adding food that supports the body's health and natural detoxification processes.
I created a 4 Week RESET Meal Plan Challenge where I guide you to a journey of transitioning into plant based foods and introducing healthy, fiber, detoxification meals, tips and support group while you are on this challenge.
These meals include meal plan per week with shopping list and recipes. Also motivation to move the body! This 30 day challenge is a great way to start introducing healthy habits that are sustainable.
Another winning outlook is most likely peeling off a few pounds and rapid results are often excellent inspiration for keeping up with new found healthy habits long after the detox!
Join me on Sunday April 15 - to begin this awesome challenge!
Are you ready to join me!?